Updated 13 May 2020 – Added a note to say some ROMs maybe soldered to the PCB.
Upgrading your DDI-1 to PARADOS is quite straight forward. You will need :-
- Amstrad DDI-1 disk interface
- Philips screwdriver
- 27(C)128 EPROM containing PARADOS
Some interfaces may have the original ROM soldered onto the PCB rather than in a socket. If that is the case, you will need to carefully remove the original ROM chip, and fit a socket.
- Open the DDI-1 by removing the 2 screws.
- Carefully remove the AMSDOS ROM chip
- Insert the PARADOS EPROM
- Re-assemble the DDI-1 box