Armiga Project – A modern look to one of the greatest computers in history.
Please help fund this Indiegogo project to build a new Amiga based on the Raspberry Pi. Armiga Project
Wouldn’t it be great to be able to use all those aging Amiga disks again?
Maybe the original Amiga is a bit big and video quality not so good… A smaller version, with modern connections would be awesome, isn’t it?. That’s what we’ve done: take modern technology and make it work with good old floppies.
The machine, which we call, the Armiga, is a beautiful piece of modern technology.
It’s built around a modern Dual Core ARM CPU, that plays together with our custom made floppy controller. This is the key of the machine: We’ve developed our own controller, able of reading Amiga disks, decode them and make them available for executing. Sounds simple, right? 😉
The base Armiga aims to emulate the original Amiga 500 with 1MB of RAM as close as possible to the original one. And for you not to get your hands dirty, an fully legal copy of Kickstart 1.3 is provided with every Armiga! :O
- Powerful Dual Core ARM CPU.
- 2 USB host: Joystick, mouse and keyboard support, as well as pendrives/hdds.
- SD card slot: Save your ADFs or bring new ones!
- Ethernet connection: Connect to your network for easy ADF management.
- HDMI: Digital AV quality on the big screen!
We really want this to be an awesome product!. But for that we’ll need your help. Lots of functionalities are in the backlog, waiting for the needed funds. However, your Armiga will come with these features built in:
- Full Amiga 500 emulation: The target machine is the iconic Amiga 500 and right now 90% of the disks are running!
- Boot to Android: Armiga supports Dual Boot and comes loaded with Android 4.2.2, so when you’re not playing you can have all the power of Android!.
- Automatic disk load: Like in the original Amiga; insert the disk and off you go!.
- Disk dump: Create ADF images of your favorite games and keep them safe on the SD.
- ADF support: Bring your own ADF images on a pendrive or SD card and enjoy!
- Disk swap: Just insert the disk and it will be dumped. When time comes to change disks, just select the right ADF. Ain’t it easy?.
- FTP server: No need to take the SD off to manage the ADFs; just do it from your computer!.
- Graphical menu: Simple and elegant, with usability as main focus.
- Game save: Save your game and resume later.
- Autosave: Forgot to save?. We do it for you!
- Screenshot: Wanna share your joy?. Give our screenshot feature a try.
Apart from our custom software that lets you play physical disks and images, the Armiga comes loaded with Android 4.2.2, so you can have access to a huge world of Apps and games:
- Surf the web
- Check your email
- Watch your movies
- Keep in touch with social networks
Read more about this project at : Armiga Project.http://www.retrocomputers.online/2014/03/25/armiga-project/https://i1.wp.com/www.retrocomputers.online/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/20140318074458-ArmigaPrototype.jpg?fit=700%2C700https://i1.wp.com/www.retrocomputers.online/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/20140318074458-ArmigaPrototype.jpg?resize=150%2C150CommodoreRaspberry Pi Categoryamiga,armiga,Commodore,computer,indiegogo,raspberry pi,workbenchPlease help fund this Indiegogo project to build a new Amiga based on the Raspberry Pi. Armiga Project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWPOYFEDl3I The Idea Wouldn't it be great to be able to use all those aging Amiga disks again? Maybe the original Amiga is a bit big and video quality not so good... A smaller version,...AndyAndy Taylorandytuk@gmail.comAdministratorAndy is a collector of vintage and retro computers. He lives near Peterborough in the East of England. He also volunteers for The Centre for Computing History.Retro Computers